- Judging begins at 11am sharp, Saturday.
- Judges are chosen by the Joyce Daze Committee.
- Pies will be judged for:
- Overall appearance
- Flavor, color, and texture of crust
- Flavor, color, and texture of filling
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The winners will be announced immediately following the close of judging (approx 12 noon). Please return to the judging booth at that time.
- Pie must be a traditional two crust berry pie. The berries must be the native Pacific Blackberry (Rubus ursinus).
- Amateur bakers only. No professional bakers can enter this competition. (A professional is defined as someone who works for a bakery or sells pies).
- Crusts and filling must be made from scratch. No store bought crust, dough or fillings may be used.
- Pie must be prepared and baked by the individual submitting the pie for judging.
- Pies are to be dropped off between 9am and 11am on Saturday, August 3 at the tent next to the Joyce Depot.
- Youth entries must be 12 and under.
- Entries will be assigned a number. Please complete entry information when submitting pie.
Awards Adult (Prizes donated by Peninsula Daily News)
1st Place: $100 gift cash card and 1st Place Ribbon
2nd Place: $50 gift cash card and 2nd Place Ribbon
3rd Place: $50 gift cash card and 3rd Place Ribbon
Awards Youth (Prizes donated by Peninsula Daily News)
1st Place: $50 gift cash card and 1st Place Ribbon
2nd Place: $25 gift cash card and 2nd Place Ribbon
3rd Place: $25 gift cash card and 3rd Place Ribbon
*If you would like to donate your pie to Joyce Daze, the pie slices will be sold and the proceeds will go to the Joyce Daze Scholarship Committee.
Click on the link below for all the rules and information about how to enter the contest.