Pie Baking Contest Rules
- Judging begins at 11am sharp, Saturday.
- Judges are chosen by the Joyce Daze Committee.
- Pies will be judged for:
- Overall appearance
- Flavor, color, and texture of crust
- Flavor, color, and texture of filling
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The winners will be announced immediately following the close of judging (approx 12 noon). Please return to the judging booth at that time.
- Pie must be a traditional two crust berry pie. The berries must be the native Pacific Blackberry (Rubus ursinus).
- Amateur bakers only. No professional bakers can enter this competition. (A professional is defined as someone who works for a bakery or sells pies).
- Crusts and filling must be made from scratch. No store bought crust, dough or fillings may be used.
- Pie must be prepared and baked by the individual submitting the pie for judging.
- Pies are to be dropped off between 9am and 11am on Saturday, August 6 at the tent next to the Joyce Depot.
- Youth entries must be ages 10 years old to 17 years old.
- Entries will be assigned a number. Please complete entry information when submitting pie.
Awards Adult (Prizes donated by Peninsula Daily News)
1st Place: $100 gift cash card and 1st Place Ribbon
2nd Place: $50 gift cash card and 2nd Place Ribbon
3rd Place: $50 gift cash card and 3rd Place Ribbon
Awards Youth (Prizes donated by Peninsula Daily News)
1st Place: $50 gift cash card and 1st Place Ribbon
2nd Place: $25 gift cash card and 2nd Place Ribbon
3rd Place: $25 gift cash card and 3rd Place Ribbon
Click on the link below to download a printable PDF with rules and information about the contest.